To apply for a refund, please use the ‘Refund Request’ form available at the ILI front desk. The form can also be downloaded online from the 'Documents' section of the ILI website, or by clicking the link below:Refund Request Form (86.99 kB)
You qualify for a refund if:
- You have been denied authorization to study in Canada: ILI will refund your pre-paid fees upon receipt of documentation from the proper Canadian authority stating that your application for a visa to study in Canada was denied. If you are denied a visa all fees are refunded in full (except the non-refundable application fee).
- You have completed a minimum of 1 consecutive term (8 weeks) of full-time study The first eight(8)weeks of your study are non-refundable. After your first 8 weeks of continuous study, you can request a refund for the remaining period of your study. The refund request must be submitted at least 2 weeks before the end of the ILI term that proceeds the ILI term you wish to refund. You must apply for a refund in writing at the front desk using a “Refund Request” form. There is a 25% administrative charge that will be applied to your refund if your request is approved.
You do not qualify for a refund if:
- you have chosen to take personal holidays or another leave-of-absence during a contracted term of study;
- you are late or absent from classes for reasons that are in your control, including cultural adjustment,
- you are required to withdraw from ILI for reasons of inappropriate, unacceptable, or violent personal behaviour,
- you have been placed on probation,
- you have received a letter confirming your registration for the purposes of visa renewal.
- ILI may consider a refund for “special circumstances” (e.g. Family Death or Medical Condition); you must complete a refund request form explaining your situation and why you are requesting the refund to be eligible. The ILI director or registrar will decide if your request is approved. The ILI director has the final judgment with respect to all refund requests. Appropriate documentation must be attached to the refund request form.
- Refunds issued for special situations will be charged a 25% administrative charge.
- Fees for the University Preparatory English Program are non-refundable (unless the request falls under the "Special Circumstances" category).
- ILI requires a minimum of one week to process refund cheques.